Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Benches

At the ranch we have several deer stands and my husband itches for the season when he can get up there and see all the animals.   He loves for any of the family, his friends, the kids, or the kids friends to join him but it's getting harder and harder for everyone to fit.  This year he thought benches (instead of chairs), might work better so more people could just squeeze in a little closer.


Thanks to Craigslist, I was able to surprise Handsome Hubby for Christmas!!  This corner bench was a score at $50, was the perfect size,  and even opens to provide storage for gloves, hats, snacks, etc. under the seat.  There is also plenty of space under the bench for storage of all the other gear that goes up to the deer stand too. 

Before

After 

I used two coats of Behr Premium Ultra Paint in Black Suede and still wasn't very happy.   Because these benches were not the greatest of quality, I really should have used a stronger primer but for the deer stands they'll do!  I found a stencil online (wish I could give credit but can't find it again!) and used some left over OOPS! paint for the deer heads.  I then put three coats of Ultra Fast Drying Polycrylic for extra protection.  

Handsome Hubby was very surprised which was really the best part!

Have a splendid day!

Lisa


Linked to:
grabttDomestically Speaking


2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i love these! they are so fun and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out beautifully and what a special gift for your husband!

    ReplyDelete