And I worked to fix him up until I was happy when he was done (here).
I took the desk to the booth, just sure it would sell quickly however, NO SUCH LUCK!!
I decided I should give it another try. It was gray but maybe just not the right color of gray so after hitting it with steel wool all over, I applied several more coats of poly to the top. I mixed the paint I used the first time with some leftover black paint until I got a darker gray shade that I liked.
I painted one coat of the new shade and then when it was dry, I used the steel wool all over again to smooth things out and add a little extra dimension to it (Thanks to Kim at Second Time Furniture!). Then I hit it with my little mouse sander, applied one coat of poly all over, and replaced the paper in the drawers.
I am loving it!! If it doesn't go this time around.....I'm just going to have to find a spot for it to stay here!!
Off to basketball! Have a great night!