I found this chair a while back in a thrift store and loved the curve of the seat and of course, the splendid legs! Several weeks went by and then I found this end table with those same great legs!
Wouldn't these just make a great little sitting area set? I can see them in a corner of a living room or bedroom and be just perfect.
I have recovered many chair seats (haven't we all?!) but this one I would consider to be more of an upholstery project because I had to make the piping and then sew the fabrics together. Now for the real deal....I can honestly say that I am neither a photographer or a seamstress but, I am determined to get better at both!! And really, I'm pretty pleased with how this seat cushion came out because in the process, I just wasn't quite sure!
I sanded and then painted both pieces with Behr Premium Ultra Plus paint. On some pieces I use my sprayer and this paint just kills me every time!!! I thought maybe it was just me the first time so I tried it again and I had a few choice words for all of it along the way! For whatever reason, I can use any other paint and have no problems with the sprayer but, Behr Premium Ultra Plus and my sprayer do NOT get along. Anyway, after finally getting everything working, I love the way they turned out.
On the little table, I sanded, stained, and them poly'd the top to make it more durable. One of the handles was missing and although it looks like two drawers, it's really only one so I filled the holes and replaced the pulls with two glass knobs.
Here they are finished and ready to go to a new home!
Have a great day!