Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tracy's Sewing Table

Not too long ago I blogged about a curio cabinet/liquor cabinet I worked on for my friend Tracy.  After delivering the curio cabinet, Tracy asked if I would take a look at another piece in her garage.  I was happy to look and very pleasantly surprised to find this pretty little sewing table.

Before I go any further, let me just say, Tracy is a very talented lady.  She roller blades to school with her kids, she sells houses like no other, and she is very witty however, I don't think she is a seamstress.  I base this on the fact that the dirt daubers had built castles in each of the corners and I even think a bird had nested inside the sewing machine at one point! Tracy's sewing table had beautiful legs and lots of potential but had made one too many moves between garages without a good moisturizer!  It was time for a complete make-over without holding back!  I'm just saying......If a piece of furniture could have a unibrow,  this baby had one!

I stripped and sanded her down, vacuumed, scrubbed, stained, stained, stained, and then waxed until she is now the gorgeously smooth beauty of her youth!  I cleaned the pull with Bar Keepers Friend just enough to take the dirt and grime, give it a little shine, and still look aged and beautiful.

Look at those legs!  And that shining machine....it may not get a lot of use, but she looks and feels Gooood!




I hope Tracy loves this little table as much as I do.  I think it would make an awesome end table, nightstand, or even a great little table for an entryway.

Thanks Tracy for the opportunity!

Lisa


Sharing with:
grabtt

No comments:

Post a Comment