Thursday, December 16, 2010

Awesome Armoire!

It's done!  It's done!  It's done!


The armoire I have been so worried about is finally done and will be delivered this morning!  I hope the family she's going back to loves her.......it makes me so nervous to do these custom refinishing pieces!  I love it but it also just makes me cringe; Will it be everything they hoped?  Should I have used poly?  Should I have chosen a different stain?  Should I have put 1 more coat or 1 less coat of stain.......AAARGH!






This beauty was sitting in my client's garage for 5 years.  She had incredibly beautiful bones but was in a sad little state of affairs.  Her top was warped, cracked, and just not working anymore.  Every bit of wood was dry and the hardware was all a little rusty.  I stripped, sanded, conditioned, stained, and conditioned some more.  I replaced her top, found a key for the lock....because everything 11 year old girl needs a special place to lock away a few things especially when her 8 year old brother is around.....and waxed until I just can't wax her again right now. And I'm still just a little worried about whether they will love it or not!!!




I know I really need to work on my photography skills too because the after pictures just don't do it justice but......here she is!!!!  


My little helper really wanted to be in every picture!


I'm going to load her up now and go deliver!  Have a great day and wish me luck!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Just got back on after the Holiday.... Wow, it turned out Beautiful! I saw this treasure 'before' first hand and look at it now. Great Job! A piece from the garage, brought back in the home and loved again.

    ReplyDelete