Saturday, September 18, 2010

Auction, here we come!

I am getting my family ready to survive the evening without me.  I am heading out to my favorite little auctions.     I LOVE the auction whether I buy anything or not.  Well, there aren't too many times that I have come home with nothing but, that's not the point, is it? The point is I LOVE the auction.  I love the smell of old dusty treasures waiting to be found mixed with the smell of freshly popped popcorn.  I love to watch the people making choices, gauging the auctioneer, watching other people.  I love the pace of the items moving on and off the stage.  I love to spend the evening with some of my favorite girlfriends where we can talk a little, enjoy each others different tastes, and usually be free of all other obligations.  And I LOVE to "win" a treasure at a great price!! I LOVE the auction.

One of the great things about tonights auction is that my kids and my husband are all looking forward to their evening as much as I am.  The kids are going with some good friends to an Oktoberfest and my hubby is looking forward to a full night of football.  The kids will be home in time to watch, cheer, and eat football food with their Dad for one of the highlight games of the season ....Texas vs. Texas Tech!  As transplants to Alabama, there aren't very many times we go against Texas however, as former Red Raiders...we've got our guns up tonight!  Go Red Raiders!

 It look's like there are a few things to choose from!  Hhhhmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment