Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Finally Fall!

I woke up this morning and we were covered in a thick layer of fog.  It is finally Fall in northern Alabama!
So rich and beautiful.

This is the kind of weather that makes painting in the driveway a little more difficult but, I love the cool crisp feel and the colors are absolutely some of my favorites!

Check these colors out.  This was in Colorado Springs and is located in the "Garden of the Gods".
Amazing!
Doesn't this look like the back of a Stegosaurus?  ....I've read a lot of dinosaur books in the last 9 years!
Ok, I have to go back to this past weekend and say that Colorado Springs is absolutely beautiful and FULL of creative people.  In the 3+ days I was there, I met a lady that had just published two books, an artist that was selected as the Editor's Pick for 2010, and was inspired by so many sights and sounds that I just couldn't wait to get home and get to work.  As a whole, the people of Colorado Springs are very healthy and made me really want to work on losing those extra pounds that seem to have taken up residency on my body!  And looking at so many houses really made me want to come home and get to work on some projects around here.  Oh, and I kept thinking of all the GREAT furniture I have in the garage waiting for makeovers!  So much to do and so little time to do it in.   Where, oh where, do I start??

How can this not inspire you?!?!
Love this....displayed on a building in downtown.

Cool sculpture! And look at those tiles....they were everywhere!
Hhhmmmm... I started with dishes and laundry, lunches, and a ponytail.  Next I moved on to priming a few things.  Soon I need to be off to work in the Kindergarten class for a couple of hours and then back to try to finish a few pieces so they can move on over to Pick Me! and find new homes to be loved in.

Here are the things I will be working on this afternoon.




Sorry to cut this off but, I have to get to the school!  Hope all is well for each of you.  Have a fabulous Fall day while you try to hold up your end of the world!! :)

Lisa

Erin holding up her end!


No comments:

Post a Comment