Friday, February 18, 2011

Fantastic Feb. 17!

Yesterday was a very special day around here:  it was my youngest sister's birthday....Happy Happy Day Meg...and my baby, lost a tooth!  It seems like only yesterday I was diapering them both!!




Without getting too sappy, I'm sitting here thinking of these two special girls and just want to say how thankful I am.  Sometimes I believe our family has a lot in common with say...Steel Magnolias meets Ya-Ya Sisterhood with a little GI Jane thrown in there too!  Needless to say, it can be a little hmmmm.....tumultuous but, I can't imagine it any other way!
The girls.....a few years ago on one of our whirlwind road trips!  From Alabama to Seattle and back!

With Meg being 15 years younger than me and now living with us while she gets her Master's, it's a pleasure to have watched her as she has gone from a crying little sumo wrestler of a baby into a very smart, strong, and beautiful woman.   
My little Sugar Bug reminds me so much of Meg as a little girl and I marvel at how these things happen with no blood ties between them.  Strong-willed, stubborn, and incredibly smart (don't we all think that of our children?) I look forward to seeing the woman she will become.  Let's be perfectly honest though....some days I wonder how we'll both survive...but, now that Meg has turned out so great, I know it can be done! WINK! WINK!!
Have a fabulous day!  I'm going to spend time with some of my favorite girls and I hope yours will be just as fun!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. beautiful smiles on both those girls!! Ya just gotta love em. msm

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome! You have lovely girls in your life! Zach just lost his first top tooth a couple weeks ago~don't they look so adorable like that? :)

    ReplyDelete