Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thrifty Tuesday!

Yes, I realize today is Wednesday but this is the first time I've had a chance to post about my treasures from yesterday!  So please, just humor me and roll with it!


Tuesdays are one of my favorite days for several reasons right now...
*  I work with Sugar Bug's class on Tuesday mornings
*  My favorite thrift store changes their sales tags and things are 50% off
*  We currently have no evening activities!
I love Tuesdays!


After leaving Kindergarten where I was able to listen to some fabulous new readers,  I started making the rounds to some of my favorite places.  Some days I score and some days I come home with little or nothing but, I have to tell you, yesterday I had a GREAT day!  I didn't find any furniture treasures but, I did find quite a few other "necessary" purchases.
I  got 4 gallons of Ooops! paint.  All in colors I have been thinking about like cotton candy blue, rasberry red, fresh grass green, sunshiny yellow and all at only $5 each!

I found a boat load of awesome things on the 66% off aisle at Hobby Lobby including a slew of knobs!


Hancock's had some awesome fabric on clearance and their trim was all on sale too!  I I need fabric like I need another few dimples in  my lower half however, I still came out of there with two great patterns and 8 yards of trim.  Does it get any better?!


Well, yes it does....once again, my favorite thrift store came through with two sets of curtain panels for less than $5 each.  There must be at least 7 yards of fabric in each set which will be beautiful on future upholstery projects!  I also found a fabulous etched glass bowl, some hanging candle holders, a lamp, a feather throw pillow, and a few other little odds and ends.  


It was a fantastic day ending with a custom order for a coffee table and end table!  With all that, I have been a BUSY BUSY girl today!  Hopefully completed projects will soon follow.


We are supposed to have snow again tonight which could really put a kink in my painting plans so we'll just have to see how the rest of the week pans out!  Wish us luck!


Have a great night.
Lisa









No comments:

Post a Comment