Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Coming up diamonds!

Finally some of the after pictures of a project from last week!  This cute little pink dresser was in great shape and awfully cute when I got it!  I loved the old white paint and the fact that it was a little chippy in some places.  I debated on leaving it white but, there were some pencil drawings, some chalk artistry, and overall it just needed some freshening up. 


When I decided I was going to repaint, I wanted to keep the vintage look but just make it fresh.  The diamond in the middle just called out for pretty pink and girly to me so that's exactly what I did.   What little girls doesn't love diamonds?



 
I sanded it, scrubbed it, and then painted a light pink over the entire piece.  I then painted the diamond portions in a slightly darker pink.  I sanded everything down again, wiped it all off, and then put a quick coat of paste wax.  I changed the knobs to some acrylic square knobs and turned them to copy the diamond pattern.

 Around here today we will be getting ready for Dr. Suess day at school tomorrow, a farewell party for a teacher, the baseball team practicing in the backyard, and completing a custom refinishing job on a rocking chair!!! 


But first, I'm going to have one more cup of coffee.


Have a great day!


Lisa
grabtt HOGPhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. we are having dr seuss day at school tomorrow! i grew up in the area he was from so it was HUGE when iw as a kid. we all loved dr seuss. i made sure my kids loved it, too! i was thrilled to see that we were having dr seuss day tomorrow! :)
    anywho, love the dresser- it's beautiful! love the unique details and the knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresser is super cute! Love it in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with those green eggs & ham. love those knobs with the diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa....This piece had great bones to begin with. You turned it into a stunning piece and I love your color choices....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty, i like it much better now! softer and sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lines and diamond detail- so unique!
    Kate @ welcomedtempest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete