Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring fever shows up in the furniture!

Here are a few before and after pics of some recent Spring fever projects.  These were started on Valentine's Day when Meg (my fabulous sister who is always willing to go with me on crazy adventures) and I followed up on a Craigslist posting.  The last thing I really needed to be doing that day was shopping but, it was well worth it in the end!  


In case you missed it, here's an excerpt from the original post....

So, I called and talked to the very nice college student who was selling these.  She said to come on over and meet her at her apartment because she was on her way home from class.  As she tried to open the door, the chain caught.  She looked puzzled, knocked and the door swung slightly open giving us a quick glimpse of sprinkled rose petals!  Aaargh.....we walked into a Valentine's surprise!  AWKWARD!

Meg and I backed off and the girl disappeared into the apartment.  We both giggled and were heading back down the stairs figuring we wouldn't be picking any furniture up today, when she called out to us to come on in.  Hmmmm, really?!?!  Meg looked at me like I was crazy as I tentatively opened the door not knowing quite what to expect!

Anyway, the boyfriend was gone, the roommate was home, and apparently the stage was just being set for later in the day (wink! wink!).   I don't think I've ever loaded a dining room table, 4 chairs, and 2 end tables down a flight of stairs so fast and I know I usually negotiate and inspect things much more closely!  Oh well.  The whole thing just still makes me laugh and now I have these to show for it:



With Spring fever really kicking in, here is the table and chairs after a total refab!








And then there were these:



Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Holy awkward! But you got a sweet dining set! Fabulous redo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew loved this dining set, but the other day I saw it in person ( kind of) driving down 72. The new owner must have just picked it up, there was a gorgeous antique sofa too. Even in the back of the truck I could see they were more fabulous in person! Beautiful work, all of it!

    ReplyDelete