Thursday, March 10, 2011

The silver lining in a rainy cloud!

Wow, it's been one of those days!  Yesterday Meg and I swung into our booth just to check on things only to find standing water in the back section!  UGH!  We moved furniture and then used the shop vac to get the water up and out.   Then it was time to make some decisions about what to do.  We are expecting more and more rain in the coming weeks and I really don't want to worry about our stuff every time there are clouds over head. 


I wasn't really looking forward to moving booths and rehanging everything (I'd much rather be working on furniture!!) but we decided it was our best option at this point.  We packed the tools, dropped the kids at school and headed out there this morning.   


We were no sooner in the door than we were told we had a few less items to move; sold between yesterday afternoon and early this morning!  YEAH;  we were off to a good start!!  After 4 1/2hrs we were redecorated, moved, staged, and running for the cars.  It was raining and I was going to be home before the bus without driving like a maniac.  Then, from behind the counter I hear, "I'm going to mark a bunch of stuff way down upstairs so we can clear out to fix the roof.  Would you like to look and see what you might find?"  Was he kidding?  Ladies and gents, we turned right around, picked and negotiated and suffice it to say, the Suburban didn't leave there empty AND Sabrina has to go back tomorrow to pick up the rest of hers!  Oh, and I made it home just in time for the kids to be walking through the door!!


Moral of the story...there was s silver lining in this cloud after all!


Here are a few of our treasures and I will post better, more detailed pics on In The Garage too.


Hope you had a silver lining in your clouds today too!
Lisa







5 comments:

  1. love love love that top table! heavy, European looking. Can't wait to see what you do with it. msm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! We had lots of problems this week ~ house stuff~ but the silver lining was we are leaving for 2 weeks, and it all happened before we left! I love the new furniture! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found some great pieces! I especially love the last table - such a great shape! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got room in the garage? I guess so....

    ReplyDelete