Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From Sugar Bug to Princess!

Today we're celebrating my little Sugar Bug's 6th birthday!  I can't believe it.  I know all Mom's feel that way but, I really really really can't believe my baby is 6 going on 16 already!


Uh oh, the tears are coming.....
Okay, I'm back.  We prayed, we begged, we cried, and we hoped that we would be chosen to parent another beautiful baby.  We had no idea where the baby would come from or when but, we had faith.   Those were some long, hard, trying times but finally, the phone rang!  We NEVER in a million years could have know what all was in store for us!


This little girl we were entrusted to cherish, nurture, and raise is truly like no other!  She was was strong from conception and although it sometimes tries my patience, I pray that she will always be just this strong and confident.  She's funny, she's smart, and she gives everything she's got to every task, every thought, and every emotion!  My Sugar Bug can be as sweet as they come but also has a streak of unpredictability.  She's a mover, a shaker, and sometimes quite a little trouble maker!  She's SO many things I could go on and on!  


If I were to really sum it up in this one moment....She is truly a one of a kind that I love with all of my heart and soul.  She's beautiful beyond measure and her birth was a gift I can't ever be thankful enough for.


More tears.....
In true Sugar Bug form, she wanted to shop for a new dress and had it laid out for this morning!  She had a plan for her hair and packed her sneakers "just in case"!   Her tastes and mine are not the same but, that just adds a whole other layer of flavor to my Sugar Bug!

This was when she said, "Cowboy, don't touch my hair; you'll mess it up!!!"
Here Cowboy is trying to tell her she looks beautiful and she says, "I know.  Just look at the camera!"

And she's off!  The party will be right after school with all the girls from her class.  We're doing a Sweet Shoppe theme where the girls will be decorating their own cupcakes to take home and the cake is one of those giant cupcakes (at least I hope so).  It's in the oven now!

Happy day to all of you and the girls in your lives!
Lisa





2 comments:

  1. what a little beauty...there's definitely some confidence there! msm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her brother looks like he loves her so much! What a pretty little lady!

    ReplyDelete