When I first looked at this little chest of drawers she was in a sad state! I loved the lines but, someone had decided to "fix" her up with an awful brown sticky, thick paint. Then they replaced the hardware with terrible handles that looked like bones from a Neanderthal's nose. In addition, most of the drawers were missing the slide guides....or whatever those things in the back a re officially called. Awful, I tell you!!
This one was truly a work in progress. I started by stripping it all down. Then I sanded, stripped, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, fixed the drawer slides, painted a different color, and then painted her a different color again. I really liked the final light aqua color but decided a little iridescent glaze would add some much needed sparkle back into this old girls life. I used a lighter version of the aqua for the trim work and replaced the hardware with feminine silver pulls that have a very faint white patina. Now, she is gorgeous and back to the feminine beauty she always knew she should be!
I tried to get a close up so that you could see the pearly glaze but, it's hard to see from the pictures.
The projects planned for the week are complete! Whew!