Monday, October 18, 2010

A story in paintings



Good Monday Morning!  

This weekend was packed full of activities  but the best one was celebrating Handsome Hubby's birthday!  Without getting too sappy, I am very thankful to be married to him and able to celebrate all life's happiness with him!

However, as wonderful as he is, it's not always easy to buy Handsome Hubby presents.  Unless there is something really big he wants, there just aren't very many choices.  I mean really,  how many blue golf shirts can one guy wear?  I had a few little things for him but nothing special.  Then I went to the auction!! (I told you there is ALWAYS something great that comes out of that place!)  It was the end of the night and they were done with the furniture.  I was waiting to see about some restaurant ware dishes when they started pulling out pictures.  Now, I am no artist but I do appreciate paintings that someone took the time and talent to complete.  I like what I like and that's about all I can tell you...sometimes it's the quirky things that strike me!  Anyway, they put this baby up and I thought, "Oooh, Handsome Hubby won't be expecting that!  And it would really look pretty great at the ranch!"  Yeah me!  I got it for $5!!!  I love it!  

Guess what!  Handsome Hubby was surprised.  He definitely was not expecting an oil on board painting of an elk for his birthday! :)  But, I think he actually kind of likes it and will like it more when I get it hung at the ranch.  

The next little beauty is a painting I bought at the last auction.  I don't know why but I just  couldn't pass it up either.  I thought it would give our booth a little something-something and someone might love it.  Then I got it home, hung it in my kitchen and now, I don't want to part with it.  

Looking at these two pictures together makes me laugh!  Oh, such unexpected funny stuff.

Handsome Hubby and Me! 


Have a great day!

Oh, and check out our Pick Me! page for some new stuff!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment