Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm Back!

Fall Break is almost over and we drove back home today.  I think this was the most relaxing vacation I've had in a long time and I'm not quite ready for it to be over with..  We were able to see some special people, celebrate several birthdays, and just spend time as a family in our favorite place on earth.  Does it get any better than that?!  

It was hard not checking in and posting some of the pictures I was able to take throughout the week but honestly, being away from all the electronics is a big part of what I love about the ranch!  Now that I'm back, I have a lot to share with you guys so....get ready!

Ramage Farms

I love this place!  It just says so much about our home state!   Food, shopping, state pride all served in one building with a tin roof!


Sunset from the back porch of the ranch house!

Another thing I love about the ranch is the sun.  We get plenty of sun in Alabama but, it just isn't quite the same.  In Texas, we play in the sun, swim in the sun, and my kids and Handsome Hubby know that I can usually be found on the front porch around sunrise or somewhere facing west if it is getting close to sunset.  This is just one of the wonderful views from our back porch this past week!  

In the car, we each talked about a few of our favorite things about the ranch....we may have to have a top 10 list later in the week when I am really having withdrawals!  Do you have a favorite place that just makes you want to be there?

For now, I must go get everyone into bed and ready for real life to start back in the morning.  I hope you each had a wonderful week and will be checking back to see what Artichoke Alley has going on around here now that vacation our break time is over....there is an entire garage full of "Artichokes" waiting for the layers to be peeled back in the the coming weeks!  OH, and there is another auction this weekend!! YIKES!!  I'd better get to work and make room for more.  :)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment